Latest News

Nnamdi Kanu Accuses Army Of Killing 28 IPOB Members While Trying To Kill Him

Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has accused the Nigerian Army of killing 28 of his followers during an attempt to kill him in 2017.

Kanu had not been seen in public since an alleged attack on his father’s compound by soldiers on September 14, 2017, until he was pictured praying at the Wailing Wall of Jerusalem, Israel, on October 19, 2018.

Since his re-emergence, Kanu has addressed his followers and vowed to return to the country to lead a boycott against the 2019 general elections.

During a recent interview on Israeli TV Channel 1, the IPOB leader said the Army killed 28 people while trying to kill him over a year ago. He said he only escaped death because he was evacuated from the premises before soldiers could get to his bedroom.

He said, “I arrived in Nigeria, in Lagos, on the 14th of October 2015, and I was arrested for demanding for freedom for my people because I run Radio Biafra in London and the authorities didn’t like it.

They kept me locked away for 19 months despite two court judgements to set me free. They eventually granted me bail with very stringent conditions. When I came out, I continued to preach to my people. I continued to practise my Jewish faith.

“And one day, the Nigerian Army came to my house to kill me. They killed 28 people in the process. To kill me, they killed 28 people.

“My people evacuated me before they could get to my bedroom. They took me away and smuggled me out of Nigeria. I needed some time to recover which I did and then, I had to make my way to Israel. I’m relieved that I managed to make it to the only place that I feel safe in the whole world.”

The IPOB leader further called on the Israeli government to live up to its obligation to defend people of the Jewish faith all over the world.

“We’re being persecuted, we’re suffering as a people, and it is the responsibility of Israel to make sure Biafra stands as an independent entity in Africa,” he said.
f

READ ALSO

“Buhari Is Dead” – IPOB Leader Nnamdi Kanu Declares In A New Live Broadcast From Jerusalem

The post Nnamdi Kanu Accuses Army Of Killing 28 IPOB Members While Trying To Kill Him appeared first on Naijaloaded | Nigeria's Most Visited Music & Entertainment Website.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AfricaTV Shared by Themes24x7 Copyright © 2014

Theme images by Bim. Powered by Blogger.